What we do ?
Skoch Development Foundation is created with the mission of accelerating initiatives towards digital, social and financial inclusion. Following key initiatives have been undertaken by the foundation :
- Public Policy Dialogue : Skoch development foundation through it’s Summits and conclaves has been constantly engaging in policy dialogue with various stakeholders from the Government , NGOs, civil society to private sector so as to create a comprehensive multi pronged strategy . The President of Skoch Foundation is a member of the expert group constituted by the ministry of Panchayati Raj , Government of India advocating a case for strengthening of Panchayati Raj Institutions (village councils) through the use of technology, finance, economics, e-governance , panchayati raj and ICT for development. He is also a member of the Working Group for the preparation of Strategic Plan for the next five years on e-governance constituted by the Department of Information Technology.
Mr. Sameer Kochhar is also part of the advisory council of the Project initiated by NIC, Government of India to Index Government Portals and websites at the National Level .
- Research Studies : The foundation has constantly been producing exhaustive research work. "Speeding Financial Inclusion" is one of the most comprehensive work on final inclusion that takes into account all possible stakeholders with detailed research reports, analysis.
SDF signed an MoU with a premier government organization under Ministry of Rural Development to create a Rural Technologies Bank (TeBank). The overall goal of the TeBank initiative was to enhance the livelihood opportunities for the rural communities, tribal groups, farmers , landless and rural citizens . The working model developed by Skoch Development Foundation is being used by the owner organization to create a rural Technologies Bank.
- Field Interventions : Through the PROJECT HOPE, Skoch foundation has time and again done interventions from helping a school in remote Arunachal Pradesh set up a computer laboratory, to setting a mobile school for Van Gujjars a nomadic tribe in the terai region of Uttrakhand.
- Conclaves & Worshops : The foundation has been regularly conducting "Thinkers & Writers Forum" which is one of the very few events where academicians get an opportunity to present their research work in front of policy makers Professors , people who actually implement,work in their proposed area of study . Thinkers & Writers Forum is a breeding ground for policy interventions , innovative path breaking ideas for inclusion.
Also, within the Skoch Summit the foundation organizes various conclaves that help in formulating policies for the marginalized.
- Capacity Building : Skoch Development Foundation helps various non profit, for profit social enterprises build capacity for various projects .
- Books & Publications : Skoch Foundation in partnership with academic foundation has published various books on Inclusion from " Building from the Bottom " , "India on the Growth Turnpike " , " The March of Mobile Money " , "Growth & Finance".