Health and Safety Policy
SKOCH is committed to providing a healthy and safe working environment for its employees.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health and provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities.
- To provide adequate training to ensure employees are competent to do their work and perform efficiently.
- To engage and consult employees on a once in a week basis and safety and hygiene conditions and provide advice.
- To ensure good ventilation, supply of clean fresh air.
- To ensure availability of clean drinking water, toilets, hand basins and towels.
- To implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or any other incident.
- To equip and maintain fire extinguishers at easily accessible locations and periodically conduct drills on use of these in case of an incident.
- To maintain healthy and safe working conditions, provide and maintain safe storage of goods.
- To display prominently and periodically circulate health and safety procedures.
- To ensure availability of suitably stocked first-aid box at a conveniently accessible and identified location.
- To ensure proper maintenance of work equipment and keep floors free of obstruction.
SKOCH recognises the critical role of senior management to ensure safety and a healthy work environment. At all levels, the managers are accountable for managing workplace health and safety with leadership and credibility. Their annual objectives also include a contribution to the safety culture and performance.