Health and Safety Policy
Skoch is committed to providing healthy and safe working environment for its employees.
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health and provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from work activities.
- To provide adequate training to ensure employees are competent to do their work and perform efficiently.
- To engage and consult employees on a once in a week basis and safety and hygiene conditions and provide advice.
- To ensure good ventilation, supply of clean fresh air.
- To ensure availability of clean drinking water, toilets, hand basins and towels.
- To implement emergency procedures – evacuation in case of fire or any other incident.
- To equip and maintain fire extinguishers at easily accessible locations and periodically conduct drills on use of these in case of an incident.
- To maintain healthy and safe working conditions, provide and maintain safe storage of goods.
- To display prominently and periodically circulate health and safety procedures.
- To ensure availability of suitably stocked first-aid box at a conveniently accessible and identified location.
- To ensure proper maintenance of work equipment and keep floors free of obstruction.
Skoch recognises the critical role of senior management to ensure safety and healthy work environment. At all levels, the managers are accountable for managing workplace health and safety with leadership and credibility. Their annual objectives also include a contribution to the safety culture and performance.