29th Skoch Summit | Financial Literacy - Financial Inclusion --view video--
Date: 8th June 2012
Time : 11:00-13:00
Venue: Boardroom, Hotel Hyatt Regency, Sahar Airport Road, Mumbai
The role of financial literacy in financial inclusion can-not be emphasized enough. Thus far even the right products have been missing and only recently some progress has been seen on this count including the announcement
of a micro-investment scheme in the budget. To realize the potential of these products financial literacy would be the biggest hurdle. In light of this the following questions need to be answered:
- Why the performance on financial literacy front been so poor thus far?
- How can this be scaled substantially?
- Have RUDSETIs been able to address some gaps? Learning and remedies?
- What kind of a model would work and the role of community and community based organizations within that?
Thought Leadership Presentation: Mr Ravi Varanasi, Senior Vice President, NSE
- Dr Deepak B Phatak, IIT-B, Mumbai & Director, Skoch Development Foundation
Thought Leadership Presentation: Dr B Yerram Raju, Fellow, Skoch Development Foundation
- Mr V Sathyakumar, Executive Director - Micro-Insurance, Life Insurance Corporation
- Mr Rajesh Kumar Sinha, Executive Vice President & Head- Spot Exchange, NCDEX Spot Exchange (NSPOT)
- Mr Jayanta K Sinha, Chief General Manager – Rural Business, State Bank of India
- Mr R B Gupta, General Manager - Financial Inclusion & Priority Sector, Central Bank of India
- Mr Kishor Kharat, General Manager (Financial Inclusion), Bank of Baroda
- Mr S S Bhat, General Manager-Financial Inclusion, Canara Bank
- Mr Simanchala Sahu, Deputy General Manager & Member of Faculty, Reserve Bank of India
- Dr Shariq Nisar, Director, Taqwaa Advisory & Shariah Investment Solutions
- Mr Chandra Shekhar Ghosh, Chief Executive Officer & Founder, Bandhan Financial Services
- Mr Ambarish Datta, Managing Director & CEO, BSE Institute
- Mr Debarishi Dutta, Vice President-Business, Manipal Group
- Mr Vaibhav Joshi, Head- Government Business, ItzCash Card
- Mr Jitendra Tiwari, Executive Director, Centre for Entrepreneurship Development Madhya Pradesh
- Mr Nirmal Bansal, Independent Consultant
- Mr Ajay Desai, Chief Financial Inclusion Officer & Group Executive Vice President, Yes Bank
- Mr Saif Ahmed, Managing Partner, Infinity Consultants
Summation: Dr Deepak B Phatak, IIT-B, Mumbai & Director, Skoch Development Foundation