SKOCH Achievers Award 2019
The success of a country’s economy can often be judged by the number of individuals who are employed, a low rate of The MSME sector is an important pillar of Indian economy as it contributes greatly to the growth of Indian economy with a vast network of around 30 million units, creating employment of about 70 million, manufacturing more than 6000 products, contributing about 45% to manufacturing output and about 40% of exports, directly and indirectly. This sector even assumes greater importance now as the country moves towards a faster and inclusive growth agenda. Moreover, it is the MSME sector which can help realize the target of proposed National Manufacturing Policy of raising the share of manufacturing sector in GDP from 16% at present to 25% by the end of 2022. Several SMEs have leveraged the SKOCH platform as a springboard and are now listed on the national exchanges. Many more will unlock their value soon and unleash their potential. More than 500 such well performing SMEs have been honored with SKOCH Achiever Award for the business excellence that has helped them in scaling newer business heights.
Who Can Nominate?
• Partnership firms
• Pvt Ltd
• Public Ltd
• Export houses
• Previous Skoch Achiever Awardees (Nominations should focus consistency and additional contribution)
• Others (Please specify...)
•) Manufacturing Sector
• Chemical and Allied Industry
• Electronic and Electrical Equipment Industry
• Fabricated Metal Industry
• Primary Metal Industry
• Food and Kindred Industry
• Furniture and Fixtures Industry
• Industrial and Commercial Machinery Industry
• Leather Industry
• Lumber and Wood Industry
• Measuring, Analysing and Controlling Instrument Industry
• Miscellaneous Manufacturing Industries
• Paper and Allied Industry
• Petroleum Refining and Related Industry
• Plastic Manufacturing
• Rubber Manufacturing
• Printing, Publishing, and Allied Industry
• Rubber and Miscellaneous Plastic Industry
• Stone, Clay, Glass, and Concrete Industry
• Textile Mill Industry
• Tobacco Industry
• Transportation Equipment Industry
•) Growth Performance
• Merchant Exporter
• Manufacturer Exporter
• Services Exporter
• SME with Global Reach
• Innovative Exporter
• Techsmart Exporter of the Year
• Enterprise of the Year
• Dealer / Distributor
•) Product Innovation
•) Emerging Enterprise
•) Green Business
• Food & Beverages
• Travel & Tourism
• Transportation & Logistics
• IT & ITeS
• Beauty & Wellness
• Training & Education
•) Support Business
• Professional Service Provider - Consultancy, Legal Services etc.
• Technology Provider
• Human Resource Provider
• Mentor - Financial / Non-Financial Facilitators for Improved Operations
2. Industry Segment (Choose One)
•) Auto Ancillary
•) Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals
•) Communications, IT & ITES
•) Electronic Goods & Components
•) Renewable Energy (Solar, Batteries etc.)
•) Engineering Goods (Including Machinery & Instruments)
•) Exports & Imports
•) FMCG & Consumer Durables
•) Food and Agro-Based Products
•) Handicraft & Handloom
•) Gems & Jewellery
•) Media & Entertainment
•) Metal & Metallurgy
•) Plastic, Plastic Goods & Plastics Processing
•) Rubbers, Woods, Chemicals & Petrochemicals
•) Others (Not included above)…
- Are you a previous Skoch Achiever Awards (mention year)?
- Explain, what different has been made that makes this an outstanding nomination (in no more than 100 words)?
- Who is the champion of this initiative / achievement / implementation?
- Provide brief business description in about 500 words.
- Does your business own any patents / products? Please provide list:
- Does your business own any brands, trademarks?
- Have you undertaken any marketing / advertising initiative?
- Has it led to any significant improvement in organisational productivity?
- What initiatives have you undertaken to increase competency of the organisation?
- What initiatives have you undertaken to increase the employee motivation?
- What initiatives have you undertaken for employee retention?
- How much emphasis does your organisation place on quality and customer satisfaction? Please explain.
- What have been your business challenges?
- How did you overcome these?
- How can the government help your business grow?
- How can financial sector help your business grow?
- How have the use of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) helped your business grow? E-Commerce etc.
- List out 3 additional factors that can help your business grow faster?
SKOCH AWARD 2019 METHODOLOGY IS AS FOLLOWS:
1. There is no Fee for applying for the SKOCH Award.
2. Selected Nominations will be called for Evaluation Presentation to the Panel of Expert Jury at New Delhi at their cost.
3. For each Nomination selected, only one person is allowed to be present / participate in the Evaluation Presentation. It is recommended that the best person for the job is nominated.
4. In case, more people wish to accompany the Presenter—limited to two persons only—a Participation Fee of INR 2,000/- (plus GST) per person, will be applicable.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT:
1. Based on the presentation an independent Jury of domain experts will rank the Nominees.
2. Highest-ranking Nominees will be shortlisted and invited to seek Popular Vote from their beneficiaries and stakeholders. This voting is online and involves use of Twitter. Participation in Popular Vote is recommended.
3. Based on the Jury score and the Popular Vote SKOCH Order-of-Merit will be decided and declared in advance.
4. Merit Listed nominations will be invited to receive the SKOCH Order-of-Merit in New Delhi on 16th March 2019 (the date may change).
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH AWARD:
1. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners qualify to run for the SKOCH Award – the highest Award in the competitive categories.
2. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners will be entitled to contest for Expert Votes during the 57th SKOCH Summit . 400 National and international Delegates and Domain Experts are expected to participate and Vote.
3. SKOCH Award is decided on SKOCH Order-of-Merit score + Expert Vote score.
4. This is not a mandatory option, however, without the Expert Vote weightage, Nominees will be competing only on their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score. In the past, there have been instances of Nominees winning if their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score itself was high enough to not need the Expert Vote weightage.
5. Participation in Expert Vote process and Exhibition comes along with attractive mainline media PR & Publicity opportunities.
6. All scores are confidential.
7. As per the SKOCH Award protocol, in-person participation of the Nominee and those officials who participated in Evaluation Presentation is mandatory on 16th March 2019 at New Delhi.
8. SKOCH Award as well as SKOCH Order-of-Merit are neither announced nor conferred in absentia. If the Awardee is not present, the Award is withdrawn. In all cases, the name of the recipient has to be informed well in advance.
9. No Delegate Fee is charged from the Awardee.
Terms & Conditions:
• Nomination must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 21st January 2019
• Each submission must include: A completed Nomination Form / Project Information as per the enclosed format.
• Both hard and electronic copies (submitted via website) are needed. The hard copies should be duly signed and stamped.
• States from large number of nominations received may be considered for conducting of evaluation round table at state level.
Send hard copy to: ( Not Mandatory )
Skoch Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
A-222, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon - 122001
Email - email@example.com
• One implementing agency can nominate more than one project / nomination.
• The Awards Committee can also at its discretion nominate projects or people that it feels are deserving and should be under the consideration set.
• SKOCH Consultancy Services and its group companies reserve the right to reproduce submitted materials. These reproductions may be edited to suit the format.
• Submitted nominations cannot be withdrawn for want of Organisation approval / sanction, retracting submitted information, submitting additional information or any other related cause. Organisation approval sanction should be acquired before-hand.
• SKOCH has the approval of checking the authenticity of the provided information by contacting the organization’s head, senior manager, IT staff, consultants, suppliers or business partners. The provided information and context may or may not be revealed to these parties, depending on the situation.
• SKOCH would retain the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the nominee. Co-operation from the nominee would be highly appreciated.
• Since Peer Evaluation is integral to the SKOCH Award, maximum of 5 per cent weightage of total score obtained by each nomination in Peer Review is added to the Jury score. All Jury ratings are done on an absolute basis with a cap of 10 Points that can be scored by any Nomination.
• Top performing Nomination that can contribute to best practices will be conferred SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award in March 2019. Amongst SKOCH Order-of-Merit recipients the Nomination with highest national ranking would be conferred SKOCH Award.
For Ethics Policy please visit