SKOCH Cyber Patriot Award 2019
Who Can Nominate?
• Central Government
• State Government
• State Owned Enterprise
• Public Sector Undertaking
• Private Sector Organisation
• Public Sector Bank
• Private Sector Bank
• MNC Bank
• Insurance (Private / PSU)
• Others (please specify)
• Disruptive Technology
o Artificial Intelligence
o Machine Learning
o Machine to Machine
o Internet of Things (IoTs)
o Industrial Internet of Things (IIoTs)
o Cognitive Learning
o Fog Computing
o Augmented & Virtual Reality
o 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing
o Data Ethics
o Geospatial & Location Intelligence
o Predictive Analytics
o Conversational User Interfaces
o User Experience Personification
o Smart Contracts
o Others (Please specify)
• Cyber Security & Surveillance
o Application Security
o Cloud Computing Security
o Data Centre Security
o Data Security: Protection, Encryption, Leakage Prevention
o Email Security
o Embedded Security
o Endpoint Security: Detection and Response
o Hybrid Cloud Security
o ICS / SCADA Security
o Mobile Security
o Mobile Application Security
o Vulnerability Management
o Network Security
o Privacy Practices
o Ransomware Protection
o Social Media Security
o Virtualization Security
o Website Security
o Homeland Security & Defence
o Forensic & Investigation Technology
o Surveillance & Tracking System
o Air Space Surveillance
o Maritime Surveillance
o Road Traffic Surveillance
o Location and Tracking Equipment
o Others (Please specify)
• Process & Solution
o Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) Protection Solution
o Big Data & Analytics
o Business Continuity planning and IT Recovery
o Cloud Migration
o Critical Infrastructure Protection Framework
o Disaster Management & Disaster Recovery
o Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Protection
o Identity and Access Management Tool
o Intrusion Detection & Prevention
o Multifactor Authentication Solution
o Network Access Control (NAC) Solution
o Regulatory Compliance Tools & Solutions
o Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Solution
o Security Intelligence, Response and Predictive Capability
o Security Operations Centre (SOC) Tools
o Threat Detection, Intelligence and Response
o Unified Threat Management (UTM) Solution
o Others (Please specify)
• Education & Awareness
o Cyber Security Education and Awareness Programme
o Capacity Building & Training
o Governance Risk Management & Compliance (GRC) Programme
o Others (Please specify)
o Cyber Patriot: CISO of the year
o Cyber Patriot: Company of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Consultant of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Educator of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Marketer of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Project of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Team of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Woman of the Year
o Cyber Patriot: Start-up of the Year
- Explain why it is to be considered for SKOCH Award?
- Who are the Champions of this Nomination/initiative/achievement?
- If the Nomination were to win SKOCH Award, what should the citation read like to justify the Award? It should essentially explain; what the difference has been made that makes this an outstanding nomination. (Max 100 Words)
- In case you are selected for certificate of merit/award. Who in your organisation will receive it? (Typically, our awards are received by the head of the organisation.)
- Brief overview of the nomination.
- Date since when the nomination/project is operational.
- Describe organisation / nomination SWOT.
- Describe the innovative aspects of the nomination/project/service. (Max 700 Words).
- Describe the solution implemented (Max 700 Words).
- Process followed for deployment/implementation (Max 700 Words).
- Challenges faced before deployment (Max 700 Words).
- Benefits of the solution implemented.
- Details of coverage of the targeted population.
- What are your key differentiators which makes you different from the rest?
SKOCH AWARD 2019 METHODOLOGY IS AS FOLLOWS:
1. There is no Fee for applying for the SKOCH Award.
2. Selected Nominations will be called for Evaluation Presentation to the Panel of Expert Jury at Mumbai or New Delhi at their cost.
3. For each Nomination selected, only one person is allowed to be present / participate in the Evaluation Presentation. It is recommended that the best person for the job is nominated.
4. In case, more people wish to accompany the Presenter—limited to two persons only—a Participation Fee of INR 2,000/- (plus GST) per person, will be applicable.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT:
1. Based on the presentation an independent Jury of domain experts will rank the Nominees.
2. Highest-ranking Nominees will be shortlisted and invited to seek Popular Vote from their beneficiaries and stakeholders. This voting is online and involves use of Twitter. Participation in Popular Vote is recommended.
3. Based on the Jury score and the Popular Vote SKOCH Order-of-Merit will be decided and declared in advance.
4. Merit Listed nominations will be invited to receive the SKOCH Order-of-Merit in New Delhi on 17th August 2019 (the date may change).
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH AWARD:
1. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners qualify to run for the SKOCH Award – the highest Award in the competitive categories.
2. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners will be entitled to contest for Expert Votes during the 59th SKOCH Summit. 200 National and international Delegates and Domain Experts are expected to participate and Vote.
3. SKOCH Award is decided on SKOCH Order-of-Merit score + Expert Vote score.
4. This is not a mandatory option, however, without the Expert Vote weightage, Nominees will be competing only on their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score. In the past, there have been instances of Nominees winning if their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score itself was high enough to not require the Expert Vote weightage.
5. Participation in Expert Vote process and Exhibition comes alongwith attractive mainline media PR & Publicity opportunities.
6. All scores are confidential.
7. As per SKOCH Award protocol, in-person participation of the Nominee is mandatory on 17th August 2019 at New Delhi.
8. SKOCH Award as well as SKOCH Order-of-Merit are neither announced nor conferred in absentia. If the Awardee is not present, the Award is withdrawn. In all cases, the name of the recipient has to be informed well in advance.
9. No Delegate Fee is charged from the Awardee.
Terms & Conditions:
• Nomination must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 20th July 2019.
• Each submission must include: A completed Nomination Form / Project Information as per the Nomination Form online.
• States from large number of nominations received may be considered for conducting of evaluation roundtable at state level.
Send hard copy to: ( Optional )
Skoch Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
A-222, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon - 122001
Email - email@example.com
• One implementing agency can nominate more than one project / nomination.
• The Awards Committee can also at its discretion nominate projects or people that it feels are deserving and should be under the consideration set.
• SKOCH Consultancy Services and its group companies reserve the right to reproduce submitted materials. These reproductions may be edited to suit the format.
• Submitted nominations cannot be withdrawn for want of Organisation approval / sanction, retracting submitted information, submitting additional information or any other related cause. Organisation approval sanction should be acquired before-hand.
• SKOCH has the approval of checking the authenticity of the provided information by contacting the organization’s head, senior manager, IT staff, consultants, suppliers or business partners. The provided information and context may or may not be revealed to these parties, depending on the situation.
• SKOCH would retain the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the nominee. Co-operation from the nominee would be highly appreciated.
• Since Peer Evaluation is integral to the SKOCH Award process, maximum of 5 per cent weightage of total score obtained by each nomination in Peer Review is added to the Jury score. All Jury ratings are done on an absolute basis with a cap of 10 Points that can be scored by any Nomination.
• Top performing Nomination that can contribute to best practices will be conferred SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award in March 2019. Amongst SKOCH Order-of-Merit recipients the Nomination with highest national ranking would be conferred the SKOCH Award.
For Ethics Policy please visit
For Methodology please visit