SKOCH Award for Police & Emergency Services 2019
Modernisation and structural reforms in police is one of the most pressing needs of the Indian society. An efficient policing system is critical for growth and development of an economy. The central government has earmarked Rs.25,000 crore three-year package starting from 2017-18 for police modernisation and reforms. The focus areas are police mobility, weapons, equipment, training infrastructure, computerisation, forensic science facilities and a crime and criminal tracking network. Police role is not only important in curbing crime but also eliminating the fear of crime from the common people. And efficient and effective emergency and disaster management services are also the pressing societal needs. SKOCH offers a platform to different stakeholders in police and emergency services to showcase their innovation. Best practices will be identified and awarded.
Who Can Nominate?
• Central Government
• Central Police Force
• Fire Department
• National Disaster Management Authority
• Private Sector Organisation
• State Disaster Management Authority
• State Government
• State Police Department
• Others (Please specify…………………….)
• Blood Banks
• Border Management
• Child Safety
• Command Centre
• Community Policing
• Crime Investigation & Prosecution
• Cyber Crime
• Human Trafficking
• Intelligence Collection
• Maritime Security
• Public Procurement in Internal Security
• Road Safety & Traffic Management
• Smart Police Station
• Surveillance & Monitoring
• Training & Capacity Building
• Women Safety
• Other Policing Initiative
2. EMERGENCY SERVICES
• Elderly Safety
• Emergency Response
• Rapid Action
• Other (Please specify)
• Incident Response System
• Earth Quake
• Forest Fire
• Heat Wave
• Urban Floods
• Other (Please specify)
SKOCH AWARD 2019 METHODOLOGY IS AS FOLLOWS:
1. There is no Fee for applying for the SKOCH Award.
2. Selected Nominations will be called for Evaluation Presentation to the Panel of Expert Jury at New Delhi at their cost.
3. For each Nomination selected, only one person is allowed to be present / participate in the Evaluation Presentation. It is recommended that the best person for the job is nominated.
4. In case, more people wish to accompany the Presenter—limited to two persons only—a Participation Fee of INR 2,000/- (plus GST) per person, will be applicable.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT:
1. Based on the presentation an independent Jury of domain experts will rank the Nominees.
2. Highest-ranking Nominees will be shortlisted and invited to seek Popular Vote from their beneficiaries and stakeholders. This voting is online and involves use of Twitter. Participation in Popular Vote is recommended.
3. Based on the Jury score and the Popular Vote SKOCH Order-of-Merit will be decided and declared in advance.
4. Merit Listed nominations will be invited to receive the SKOCH Order-of-Merit in New Delhi on 25th February 2019 (the date may change).
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH AWARD:
1. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners qualify to run for the SKOCH Award – the highest Award in the competitive categories.
2. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners will be entitled to contest for Expert Votes during the 56th SKOCH Summit . 400 National and international Delegates and Domain Experts are expected to participate and Vote.
3. SKOCH Award is decided on SKOCH Order-of-Merit score + Expert Vote score.
4. This is not a mandatory option, however, without the Expert Vote weightage, Nominees will be competing only on their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score. In the past, there have been instances of Nominees winning if their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score itself was high enough to not need the Expert Vote weightage.
5. Participation in Expert Vote process and Exhibition comes alongwith attractive mainline media PR & Publicity opportunities.
6. All scores are confidential.
7. As per the SKOCH Award protocol, in-person participation of the Nominee and those officials who participated in Evaluation Presentation is mandatory on 25th February 2019 at New Delhi.
8. SKOCH Award as well as SKOCH Order-of-Merit are neither announced nor conferred in absentia. If the Awardee is not present, the Award is withdrawn. In all cases, the name of the recipient has to be informed well in advance.
9. No Delegate Fee is charged from the Awardee.
Terms & Conditions:
• Nomination must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 21st January 2019
• Each submission must include: A completed Nomination Form / Project Information as per the enclosed format.
• Both hard and electronic copies (submitted via website) are needed. The hard copies should be duly signed and stamped.
• States from large number of nominations received may be considered for conducting of evaluation roundtable at state level.
Send entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a CD at:
Skoch Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
A-222, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon - 122001
• One implementing agency can nominate more than one project/nomination.
• The Awards Committee can also at its discretion nominate projects or people that it feels are deserving and should be under the consideration set.
• Skoch Consultancy Services and its group companies reserve the right to reproduce submitted materials. These reproductions may be edited to suit the format.
• Submitted nominations cannot be withdrawn for want of Organisation approval/sanction, retracting submitted information, submitting additional information or any other related cause. Organisation approval sanction should be acquired beforehand.
• SKOCH has the approval of checking the authenticity of the provided information by contacting the organization’s head, senior manager, IT staff, consultants, suppliers or business partners. The provided information and context may or may not be revealed to these parties, depending on the situation.
• Skoch would retain the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the nominee. Co-operation from the nominee would be highly appreciated.
• Since Peer Evaluation is integral to the SKOCH Award, maximum of 5 per cent weightage of total score obtained by each nomination in Peer Review is added to the Jury score. All Jury ratings are done on an absolute basis with a cap of 10 Points that can be scored by any Nomination.
• Top performing Nomination that can contribute to best practices will be conferred SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award in February 2019. Amongst SKOCH Order-of-Merit recipients the Nomination with highest national ranking would be conferred SKOCH Award in February 2019.
For Ethics Policy please visit