SKOCH Award for Swasth Bharat 2019
Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors in India and holds the potential to grow further with the kind of opportunities it presents. From Pharmaceuticals to Medical Devices to Medical Tourism, each comes with its fair share of the success story in India and a potential to grow much larger than the present scenario. With schemes like National Health Protection Scheme coming into the fray, which aims to provide insurance coverage to 10 million families in India, the healthcare sector will see a deeper penetration in the economy. This will result in access to better facilities and infrastructure across India. Skoch Swastha Bharat Award recognizes the best practices by institutions which not only play a significant role at the forefront of the sector but also service providers at the backend.
Who Can Nominate?
• Primary Health Care (Central Government, State Government)
• Secondary Health Care (Central Government, State Government, Public Hospitals, District Health Centres, Community Health Centers, Private Hospitals)
• Tertiary Health Care (Central Government, State Government, Medical Colleges, Advanced Medical Research Institutes)
• Private Hospitals
• Telemedicine Companies
• Medical Tourism
• State Government
• Central Government
• Solution Provider
• Pharmaceutical Companies
• Primary Care Innovation
• Preventive Health Care
• Service Redesign
• Research & Development
• Drug Innovation
• Medical Products & Equipment
• Patient Safety
• Disease Control
• Immunization Programme
• Rural Health Programme
• Hospital Waste Management
• Nursing Resource Management
• Emergency Response Management
• Inventory Management
• Hospital Management Information System
• Improving Care with Technology
• Grievance Management
• Community Engagement
• Specialty Services
• Support Services
• Health Insurance
• Digital Health Innovation
• Customer Service Improvement
• Clinical Excellence
• Critical Care Excellence
• Providing Alternative Care Path Excellence
• Others (Specify)…
1. Has the nomination won a SKOCH Award in the past? If Yes, please provide details about incremental progress since last SKOCH Award.
2. Explain why it is to be considered for SKOCH Award?
3. If the Nomination were to win SKOCH Award, what should the citation read like to justify the Award? It should essentially explain; what difference has been made that makes this an outstanding nomination. (Max 100 Words)
4. Who are the Champions of this Nomination / initiative / achievement?
1. Brief overview of the nomination.
2. Date since when the project/organisation has been operational.
3. Describe the innovative aspects of the project:
4. Describe the solution implemented:
5. Process followed for deployment/implementation:
6. Challenges faced before deployment:
7. Benefits of the solution implemented:
8. Details of coverage of the targeted population:
9. In case you are selected for certificate of merit/award, who in your organisation will receive it? (Typically, our awards are received by the head of the organisation.)
SKOCH AWARD FOR SWASTH BHARAT 2019 METHODOLOGY IS AS FOLLOWS:
1. There is no Fee for applying for the SKOCH Award.
2. Selected Nominations will be called for Evaluation Presentation to the Panel of Expert Jury at New Delhi at their cost.
3. For each Nomination selected, only one person is allowed to be present / participate in the Evaluation Presentation. It is recommended that the best person for the job is nominated.
4. In case, more people wish to accompany the Presenter—limited to two persons only—a Participation Fee of INR 2,000/- (plus GST) per person, will be applicable.
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH ORDER-OF-MERIT:
1. Based on the presentation an independent Jury of domain experts will rank the Nominees.
2. Highest-ranking Nominees will be shortlisted and invited to seek Popular Vote from their beneficiaries and stakeholders. This voting is online and involves use of Twitter. Participation in Popular Vote is recommended.
3. Based on the Jury score and the Popular Vote SKOCH Order-of-Merit will be decided and declared in advance.
4. Merit Listed nominations will be invited to receive the SKOCH Order-of-Merit in New Delhi on 25th February 2019 (the date may change).
METHODOLOGY FOR SKOCH AWARD:
1. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners qualify to run for the SKOCH Award for– the highest Award in the competitive categories.
2. SKOCH Order-of-Merit winners will be entitled to contest for Expert Votes during the SKOCH Summit. 200 National and international Delegates and Domain Experts are expected to participate and Vote.
3. SKOCH Award 2019 is decided on SKOCH Order-of-Merit score + Expert Vote score.
4. This is not a mandatory option, however, without the Expert Vote weightage, Nominees will be competing only on their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score. In the past, there have been instances of Nominees winning if their SKOCH Order-of-Merit score itself was high enough to not need the Expert Vote weightage.
5. Participation in Expert Vote process and Exhibition comes along with attractive mainline media PR & Publicity opportunities.
6. All scores are confidential.
7. As per the SKOCH Award protocol, in-person participation of the Nominee and those officials who participated in Evaluation Presentation is mandatory on 25th February 2019 at New Delhi.
8. SKOCH Award as well as SKOCH Order-of-Merit are neither announced nor conferred in absentia. If the Awardee is not present, the Award is withdrawn. In all cases, the name of the recipient has to be informed well in advance.
9. No Delegate Fee is charged from the Awardee.
Terms & Conditions:
• Nomination must reach by 17:00 hrs, IST on 21th January 2019
• Each submission must include: A completed Nomination Form / Project Information as per the enclosed format.
• Both hard and electronic copies (submitted via website) are needed. The hard copies should be duly signed and stamped.
• States from large number of nominations received may be considered for conducting of evaluation round table at state level.
Send hard copy to: ( Not Mandatory )
Skoch Consultancy Services Pvt. Ltd.
A-222, Sushant Lok – 1, Gurgaon - 122001
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
• One implementing agency can nominate more than one project / nomination.
• The Awards Committee can also at its discretion nominate projects or people that it feels are deserving and should be under the consideration set.
• SKOCH Consultancy Services and its group companies reserve the right to reproduce submitted materials. These reproductions may be edited to suit the format.
• Submitted nominations cannot be withdrawn for want of Organisation approval / sanction, retracting submitted information, submitting additional information or any other related cause. Organisation approval sanction should be acquired before-hand.
• SKOCH has the approval of checking the authenticity of the provided information by contacting the organization’s head, senior manager, IT staff, consultants, suppliers or business partners. The provided information and context may or may not be revealed to these parties, depending on the situation.
• SKOCH would retain the right to ask for additional information or clarification from the nominee. Co-operation from the nominee would be highly appreciated.
• Since Peer Evaluation is integral to the SKOCH Award, maximum of 5 per cent weightage of total score obtained by each nomination in Peer Review is added to the Jury score. All Jury ratings are done on an absolute basis with a cap of 10 Points that can be scored by any Nomination.
• Top performing Nomination that can contribute to best practices will be conferred SKOCH Order-of-Merit Award on 25th February 2019. Amongst SKOCH Order-of-Merit recipients the Nomination with highest national ranking would be conferred SKOCH Award 2019 on 25th February 2019.
For Ethics Policy please visit